Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT
The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to insure that there will be a safe and healthy environment for all SYS Members and Guests on the premises of the Southampton Town Recreation Center. Levels of violation will determine the range of responses that can be taken. Levels of violation currently definedare as follows:
Level 1: Violations
• Threatening or intimidating actions toward others, disrespect, rudeness or “talking back” to other members and/or staff.
• Sexual harassment through comments, words, or gestures.
• Use of racial or ethnic slurs.
• Use of inappropriate language or cursing.
• No person shall willfully interfere with, disrupt, or prevent the orderly conduct of any supervised recreation program being conducted by SYS, or any program being held at the Southampton Town Recreation Center.
• Gaining access to the facility without permission and/or payment.
Level 2: Most Serious Violations
• Possession or use of any weapons (i.e. firearm, knife, etc.)
• Possession, use, or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol
• Physical abuse of others.
• Vandalizing, damaging or defacing any property such as building, equipment, furniture or other articles belonging to SYS or SYS’s patrons.
• Stealing of SYS property or other guests/member/staff/patron’s property while on Southampton Town Recreation Center property.
• Repeated occurrences of Level 1 violations indicating a pattern of unacceptable behavior.
• Any other violations of law deemed to be servere enough for consideration as a Serious Violation.
The following disciplinary rules apply depending on the violation:
An individual who commits a Level 1 violation may, at the discretion of the Executive Director of SYS and/or the Board of Directors, be suspended from the Southampton Town Recreation Center and all activities sponsored by Southampton Youth Services for a period of time up to the number of days specified below:
1st Offense 1 Month
2nd Offense 6 Months
3rd Offense 1 Year or permanent based on the determination of the Director and Board.
An individual who commits a Level 2 violation may, at the discretion of the Executive Director of SYS and/or the Board of Directors, be banned permanently or suspended for an extended period of time from the Southampton Town Recreation Center and all activities sponsored by Southampton Youth Services.
NOTE: Any individual receiving these penalties shall forfeit any membership fees, program fees, or guest fees they paid prior to the violation.